Sunday, August 16, 2009

Public Nursing: Covering Up

I recently discovered that the best way for me to cover up while I'm nursing is to drape one of these cheesecloth diapers over my shoulder and wrap another one around my middle. This is when I'm just wearing a t-shirt over my bra. There are lots of different techniques. I used to have a fancy schmancy nursing apron but it never really solved the issue of my stomach being exposed. Some people like to wear a tube top under their shirt so that you pull one layer down and pull the other layer up, exposing pretty much nothing but whatever baby needs to suck on. This is a great technique but it's waaay too hot for me to be wearing anything but one layer right now. Another idea I saw in some online video was to wrap a pashmina shawl all around you. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like a great idea. I even have a very wide, long scarf that is also a very light material that maybe won't make me and baby break out in a sweat every time it's time for her to eat. I'll let my readers know how that goes.

No comments: