Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spit and Suck

When she gets upset in the middle of the night and I bring her to my bed, she often comes still bearing her pacifier in her mouth. I used to have to remove it for her before I could introduce the breast, but lately she just spits it out and waits, open mouthed for her dinner-- or midnight snack, as it were.

I invested (heavily-- those things are pricey) in some all natural rubber pacifiers. She's has never been picky about the shape or size or texture of soother I give her and she took to these well. The only problem is that they are a translucent honey colour, which makes them almost impossible to find when dropped on virtually any surface. The other day we were at the planetarium and she was complaining while the lights were still on before the show started. So I let her start nursing. In the meantime, I dropped this pacifier just as the night sky began appearing overhead. I wanted to keep her satiated so as not to disturb the presentation so I had to hunt all over the ground for the thning-- several times. The show was about half an hour long and I must have spent at least three-quarters of the time feeling around for it.

No comments: