Monday, June 9, 2008

Seven Months

So Baby is now about seven and a half months old. We started him on solids at six months and he's been happily munching ever since. (We actually found him sucking on the dirty side of my flip-flop the other day, though we didn't consider it a proper meal.) At first, I was having my typical separation anxiety about my milk drying up, but he's been nursing just as furiously as ever, despite the increase in meals and calories in the last few days. I took offense at the suggestion that maybe my milk was not enough for him, but now I realize that there is something to that. I guess that nursing at this point for him is a comforting activity and not so much about the food. He still loves it, though. He especially loves to nurse when he's tired and wants to go to sleep.

No comments: